Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A Musing

Wrinkle in Time
Photo by Bgrace


My friend, I thought of you today

Wish you could know that I'm ok

Sometimes I wonder and begin to fear

You've turned to the skeptics

You've given them ear

Though they may try to rewrite the past

Tainting the light with the shadows they cast

I trust the Spirit of God in you

To show you what's good, what's right, what's true

I'll say just this before I go

I'm still almost the strongest person you know

(Though my scars have born more pain than they'll ever show)

I've seen so much I wish I could share

Depth and beauty

The rich and rare

Though our paths have parted ways

I find myself hoping it's just a phase

Trust this in me
No matter where your feet may go

Nothing could turn you from friend to foe

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Another great poem, Bec. This one could be framed and hung on a wall somewhere. It speaks both specifically and universally, which is the sign of all great literature.

Carol said...

Becky,

I had a wonderful time with our visit the other night. I am so glad to see the "pinch" in your face has been eased. That is a blessing.

I love you very much and praise God always for your friendship.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

The Michauds 6 said...

AHHHHH! I found you through Laur! :D I read the blog before I realized it is you! Awesome! Wow...I hope this finds you well! :)
<3 Jenna