Saturday, December 27, 2008

Mary Go Round


"One more time!" I'm bid to spin.

"Faster, faster, round again!"

How could I turn away

that grin?

The rusty bars

my fingers clasp.

"Hold on tight!"

Don't lose your grasp.

The weight of my frame

leans into the turn.

My feet pound

the dusty, dry ground

and burn.

I toss myself onto a vacant space,

For a moment enjoy the wind on my face

Until my head swims dizzy. Uneasy.

My stomach turns over

down

right

queasy.


Why do I keep going around?

My feet need solid, steady ground.

On this ride THAT has yet to be found.

Is it time to get off this Mary go round?

"Mary, spin some more!" you say.

No more spinning.
No
way.


Now don't be sad.

Do not dismay.

For later on, this very day

(When) You tire of turning

You want to stop spinning

Your feet are grounded

Your lips again grinning.

I'll be waiting

In the shade of the tree.

There together, at rest
we can B.

No comments: